Precious Metals Information
The precious metal alloys used in the making of James Avery jewelry consist of sterling silver, 10K, 14K, and 18K yellow gold, white gold, stainless steel, copper, bronze, and titanium. Not all designs are available in these metals, so be sure to ask a sales associate or a customer service representative about a particular piece of jewelry.
Alternative Jewelry Materials
James Avery offers designs with copper or bronze in combination with sterling silver. The beautiful contrast between a cool silver surface and the warmth of copper or bronze creates a rich contrast that is enhanced by many designs.
Clean Precious Metals
In 1987 James Avery made a corporate commitment to our customers, employees, and the communities and companies we work with, pledging “social responsibility, including a genuine concern for nature and its conservation.”
We strive to exceed industry standards for environmental conservation, including the purchasing and refining of the precious metals we use in our jewelry: gold, sterling silver, and palladium.
As a jewelry manufacturer and retailer, we fully support the 12 Golden Rules of the “No Dirty Gold” campaign:
- Respect for basic human rights outlined in international conventions and law
- Free, prior, and informed consent of affected communities
- Safe working conditions
- Respect for workers’ rights and labor standards
- Ensure that operations are not located in areas of armed or militarized conflict
- Ensure that projects do not force communities off their lands
- No dumping of mine wastes into oceans, rivers, lakes or streams
- Ensure that projects are not located in protected areas, fragile ecosystems or other areas of high conservation or ecological value
- Ensure that projects do not generate sulfuric acid in perpetuity
- Cover all costs of closing down and cleaning up mine sites
- Fully disclose information about social and environmental effects of projects
- Allow independent verification of the above