Love love love this piece. Always get compliments when I wear it. I usually wear my artifacts pendant with it. The hinge on the oval is great, haven’t had any issues with tarnishing, however do give it a quick wipe with my polishing cloth before or after I wear it, just for maintenance. I do that with all of my pieces and they never really need to be taken in for cleaning.
I've had my eye on this piece for awhile now. I picked this beauty up as part of the charming event, it's very lovely. Clasp is good, and so is the hinge.
I received this item yesterday along with two charms but am having a problem opening the clasp .. has any one else had this problem? I love the look of the necklace and am sure I will get a lot of wear out of it.
- Hi Robin, we're sorry to hear you're having problems with your clasp! Please take the necklace to your local James Avery store or call our customer service at 800-283-1770 to see what we might be able to do to fix it! - James Avery Team
I bought this necklace with a charm and it tarnished in less than a week. I took it back to the store and had it cleaned even bought the cleaning cloth a week later the same thing have not worn it since. I have a lot of James Avery pieces charms, charm bracelet, rings and I have never had this happen with any of the pieces. I'm very disappointed with this necklace.
- Hi Rosa, we're sorry to hear you're not completely happy with this piece! Sterling silver and bronze can oxidize for a number of reasons, but our polishing cloths help restore their shine and storing jewelry in airtight bags can help prevent oxidation. We also have complimentary cleaning for James Avery pieces in our stores. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our customer service at 800-283-1770! - James Avery Team
I received this beautiful piece as a Mother's Day gift and was disappointed at how quickly it tarnished. Have taken it back several times to the Dillard's where my daughter bought and they have been very apologetic and have quickly cleaned it. It looks nice for about a week and then starts tarnishing again. As much as I love James Avery jewelry this is one piece that no longer gets worn since it looks so bad. Love the charms on it but I no longer wear it.
- Hi Gloria, we're sorry to hear you're not completely happy with this piece! Sterling silver and bronze can oxidize for a number of reasons, but our polishing cloths help restore their shine and storing jewelry in airtight bags can help prevent oxidation. We hope this helps! - James Avery Team
Bronze rubbed off
I loved the style and functionality of this necklace as well as the initial look of it but the bronze coating wore off within 3 months of 1-2x/week wear. Interestingly, the wear pattern was where the rings rubbed against each other and against the silver, NOT against my skin as the less than helpful staff at the North Point Mall store tried to argue when I went in seeking a resolution. After almost 25 years of James Avery purchases, this is the first I’ve had to exchange - that itself is a disappointment as was the sheer fact that I was argued with about replacing it. It’s unlikely I’ll stop collecting, but James Avery needs to return to its roots of great jewelry and great customer service.
- Hi Leigh, we're sorry to hear you had this experience. Please call our customer service at 800-283-1770 and they can let you know what your options might be with the necklace. - James Avery Team
I have had this necklace since last spring and it is beautiful! I have had no issues with the bronze or silver fading or tarnishing. But if it does, I’m sure a quick cleaning with the polish cloth I have from JA would take care of it. I love that I can change out charms. It’s a great necklace!
I've had the beautiful charm necklace, since this past summer. I also bought the bronze/silver butterfly pendant and queen bee charm to put on it. I have had absolutely no problems with tarnishing or changing color, with any of these items. I store mine in the flannel bags and boxes they came in and stay lovely....
I absolutely love the design but it has tarnished along with the charms on it:( very sad about that. I love James Avery and have many pieces, i never take off my charm bracelet or Rings and they are solid. So to have this happen with one of their pieces is very disappointing. 2 stars because its James Avery and the design.
- Hi Barbara, we are sorry to hear you're not completely satisfied with this piece! Please take it to your local James Avery store or contact our customer service at 800-283-1770 so they can take a look at it and we will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. Thank you for taking the time to review this product! - James Avery Team
I’ve had this a little over a month and the bronze part has faded or tarnished to a silver/black color. Very disappointed in this.
- Hi Amanda, we're sorry to hear this. Please take the necklace to your local James Avery store to see if a cleaning helps or call our customer service at 800-283-1770 with details. We will also forward your feedback to our design team. Thank you for taking the time to review this necklace! - James Avery Team
Bought this necklace about 1 1/2 months ago. The bronze part has now turned silver and looks horrible. Very disappointed.
- Hi Mandy, we're sorry to hear this. Please take the necklace to your local James Avery store to see if a cleaning helps or call our customer service at 800-283-1770 with details. We will also forward your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to review this necklace! - James Avery Team
I got this necklace for mother's day and I really was excited but not so much now!! This necklace has changed colors and even changed the color of the charms I put on it. I've already have had to take it in to be cleaned 4 times since mother's day and NEVER had to do that with any of my other James Avery jewelery! I love James Avery jewelery that's all I have and this is the first time to have any problems with it! They should think about making an all sliver one better!
- Hi Sandra, we're sorry to hear this. Please take the necklace to your local James Avery store to see if a cleaning helps or call our customer service at 800-283-1770 with details. We will also forward your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to review this necklace! - James Avery Team
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM WITH ANY OF JA JEWELRY. BUT THIS ONE. THE BRONZE PART HAVE FADED OFF AND IT LOOKS BLACK NOW. VERY DISAPPOINTMENT. ONLY HAD IT FOR 2 MONTHS.
- Hi Debby, please take the necklace in to your local James Avery store to see if a cleaning helps. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! - James Avery Team
This necklace is so beautiful. It has vintage detail and looks lovely on. My husband purchased the 24 length for me and it’s perfect. It holds two charms easily and
comfortably. I highly recommend.
I love this it's so pretty you can wear it with a charm,pendant or by itself and it looks great!
Great for Multiple Charms
I love the 2 tone look of this necklace. Purchased for my Texas charms.