Find a Necklace or Chain
At James Avery we strive to honor the beautiful and diverse body types of our Customers, which is why we offer a wide range of lengths and styles for our necklaces and chains. We’ve developed this guide to help you find just the right fit – whether you’re shopping for yourself or looking for a gift.
Tips for Choosing a Length
- Consider the wearer’s torso length, chest size and overall body type:
- A chain will look shorter on someone with a longer torso or a larger chest than it will on a smaller body type.
- Longer chains (28+ inches) can slip over the head without unfastening the clasp. This is helpful if you have trouble fastening small clasps or prefer the ease of slipping it on quickly.
- Our easy-to-use sterling silver Magnetic Clasp Set can be added to any of our necklaces or chains. It’s a great choice for those who find traditional clasps difficult to fasten.
- Our Cable Chain Extenders are another way to add extra length to any necklace or chain!
Choose Your Chain Style and WeightOur chains come in a variety of link designs and an assortment of thicknesses and weights – from classic cable chains to bold statement styles. The possibilities for layering are endless so you can create a look all your own! If you plan to wear a charm or pendant on the chain, you’ll want to make sure they balance and complement each other.
Tips for Choosing a Chain
For Charms and Small Pendants
Designs smaller than one inch look great when balanced with lighter chain styles.
For Medium Pendants
Designs over one inch look great with medium chain styles.
For Large Pendants
Designs over two inches look great with heavier chain styles.