I love this necklace so far.
I recently just got this necklace and I have read the bad reviews about this chain necklace and so far I haven't had any problems with this necklace so far. So I will give this review five stars.
WORST EVER! DON'T GET
I got this necklace a year or so ago during the charm event - it was my free charm necklace/ bracelet option - and recently just started wearing it. The chain portion is lovely and feels comfortable however the holder portion GETS CAUGHT ON EVERYTHING! - gets hooked on my seatbelt chest strap constantly. And my necklace's charm holder bent also (as many have complained) - I bent down over a hard plastic, tall laundry bin, and it got caught on the lip/ edge as I stood up. It's actually super easy to bend, and I was able to bend it perfectly back into shape with no effort, with no distortion left at all... however, I'm sure repeats would weaken and eventually break the metal. Also, the chain regularly gets wrapped/ twisted around the charms and holder, even during daily activities, but esp if I nap in it. The charms frequently slide up the chain if napping/ reclining or doing certain activities. It's the most frustrating, poorly designed piece!
- Hi Demetria! We're sorry to hear you're not completely satisfied with this piece. Sterling silver is a malleable metal that can bend under duress. We recommend taking jewelry off when doing things that may bend it and when you sleep to help prevent it from getting damaged. We will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team as well. - James Avery Team
Pulls open easily
This item pulls open easily. In putting it back into its original form, it's now cracking in the middle so I'm fearful of wearing it and losing my charms.
- Hi Natalie, we're sorry to hear this! Sterling silver is an extremely malleable metal and can misshapen under stress. Please take the necklace to your local James Avery store to see what we might be able to do. - James Avery Team
I love it 🥰 I was careful putting my charms on because I read people had issues with it bending. I have 2 charms on it. No problems.
DO NOT BUY THIS
Bought this for my daughter so she could change out her charms . It bent while she was wearing it. We took it to the store to be fixed. They said they cannot fix it but they would take it back and we can pay half for another one. Thanks but no thanks James Avery. Why would I buy another one? DO NOT BUY THIS unless you want to keep paying to replace it. IT WILL BEND.
- Hi Amanda, we're sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with this necklace! We will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. - James Avery Team
Bent in my hair. At the store to see if they can fix. Very disappointed. They gave me a replacement. Awesome
Not worth the money
Very disappointed. Very thin and fragile, and when I move around throughout the day it gets tangled in itself. Also not all charms fit on it. I am returning it for a different one as soon as I can.
- Hi Melissa, we're sorry to hear you're unhappy with this necklace. Please do see our returns and exchange policy. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we will be sure to pass it along! - James Avery Team
Lots of compliments!
I wear this necklace constantly, with my Queen Bee and my Texas is "Home" charm. I really don't have any complaints. I live in this necklace. Occasionally the charms will rotate to the back of the necklace while I sleep, but overall, it's been an excellent necklace and charm holder. I have the 18" necklace and it's just long enough to tuck into my shirts if necessary (I did that while I was ziplining last month). I'm pretty active and the only thing I have to be aware of is hitting myself with the charms (the bee is heavy) or when I hug my kids, I'm careful not to poke them with the bee's crown.
- We're so glad to hear you love your necklace Angela! To help prolong the life of your jewelry and as a safety precaution we recommend removing your jewelry when you sleep. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! - James Avery Team
Loved it, but it disappoints
I wore this necklace with my boys names on it daily. The charm holder is cute, but bends easily. It would get caught and stretch out. I’d have to bend it back. After almost a year and a half, it broke in half. Luckily we were in the car, so I was able to catch my charms. Horrible design. Taking it back.
- Hi Lauren, please take it into your local James Avery store for them to look at. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and will pass it along! - James Avery Team
Fun and quality!
Im not sure what all the bad reviews are about this necklace. Silver oxidizes, that normal. Also I have the 18" and the 24" and have never had a problem with either of them breaking. Its fun piece because you can put multiple charms and it "showcases" them. Personally I love it!
This necklace is absolute junk. It was given as a feeebie during the May Mother’s Day promotion. Mine turned black within two weeks. I took it in to be cleaned twice and the same thing happened within another three days. I do not use lotions,or hairspray on my neck. I can’t believe this is considered representative of James Avery jewelry.
- Hi Peggy, we're sorry to hear that and understand your frustration. Sterling silver can oxidize when exposed to certain chemicals in the air, as well as lotions, soaps, and other substances. We suggest storing it so it is protected from these elements when it's not being worn to help prevent it from happening. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! - James Avery Team
Very durable and the size is great even with multiple charms on it!
Cute but disappointing
Super cute but the chain breaks really easily. Very disappointed
- Hi Sandra, we're sorry to hear your chain broke! Please take it into your local James Avery store to have them take a look at it or contact our customer service for assistance. We will also pass along your feedback to our design team. Thank you for reaching out to us! - James Avery Team
I had a necklace chain that was 16 inches, I went to a JA store to get an exchange for an 18 inch. The new necklace chain i received today felt cheaper and lighter. the holder section was malleable (it could bend) while my old one could not have done such thing. very concerned that this won’t last me and wasn’t worth the $70 i spent..
- Hi Vi! We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with your charm necklace! Please feel free to check out our return/exchange policy and if you have any questions your local store will be happy to assist you or call our customer service at 800-283-1770. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! - James Avery Team
Bought this for myself for mother’s day and it is already bent out of shape. I only wore it three times before it started to mishape. I even asked the sales lady if that was an issue with these and she assured me it wasn’t. Now I wish I had gotten the full circle one my friend has.
- Hi Samantha, we're sorry to hear yours is becoming misshapen! We will pass this along to our design team. Please take it to your local James Avery store for them to take a look at. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! - James Avery Team
Got this necklace for mothers day and i love it...i have one james avery charm and two other charms from difference places and they fit awesome...
tarnished within a year
I have had this for less than a year. Now it is a tarnished gold color. I am very disappointed.
- Hi Anne, sterling silver can react to various chemicals, but your local James Avery store will be happy to give it a complimentary cleaning. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback! - James Avery Team
Charms don't stay
Charms don't stay on the charm holder, and this necklace is very breakable. Total disappointment.
- Hi Karen, we're sorry to hear you're disappointed with your necklace! We will be sure to pass your feedback along to our design team. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! - James Avery Team
handle with care
I love this necklace because I only have the rose cross pendant and a couple of beads on it. I've had mine for a year and had an accident with it today. Mine is 30 inches and I didn't even think about the possibility of it getting caught on a button on my blouse while it was over my buckled seatbelt. Needless to say, upon removing my seatbelt, the poor thing couldn't stand the strain of being pulled while caught on the button. The horseshoe shape was contorted into a W. When I took it into a busy San Antonio JA store, I asked if an artisan could repair it and that I would gladly pay for it since I didn't want another jeweler ruining it. They replaced it for me. I can't thank them enough for their generosity and will always treasure my JA pieces. If you plan on wearing the longer length version of this necklace, please be mindful of buttons.
I’m one to read reviews and was hesitant to get this necklace as someone said they couldn’t get their charms on. Mine fit just fine. It’s beautiful and I love it!
I have been wearing James Avery since I was a child and every piece is a treasure. I bought this necklace last year and have worn it frequently. As others have stated, it is a smaller charm holder, but that is apparent from the dimensions listed, and if you buy it in person, the helpful staff will let you try different charms to see what suits your style. As with all jewelry, some care is required to avoid breakage, but I personally have never had any James Avery piece break in my 40 years of wearing their well-made designs. I love this particular necklace to showcase one charm and a colored bead or two, at most.
Love Simplicity of Necklace
I purchased 2 charms to go with this necklace. I love it because of it is so simple in design.
Not worth it
Although it is a beautiful necklace, its not worth buying. I purchased this yesterday and it broke real quick. I was very disappointed, luckily they allowed me to exchange it and get a different charm necklace
I bought this charm holder last year and can't wear it because the space to hold the charms is to small.
My nice bought for me for Christmas and I'm love it am a big girl and is long enough for me