tarnished really fast
no matter how many times I clean with cleaning cloth my necklace still gets tarnished,I've had other james avery necklaces and this is the first one that disappointed me(from getting dark/tarnish)
- Hi Darlene! Sterling silver can naturally tarnish and oxidize from various lotions, soaps, chemicals and even pH balances on our skin. You may have to polish it more frequently, but our polishing cloth will help it stay beautiful. Hope this helps! - James Avery Team
I love this necklace. I love to change out the charms every season. I wear it everyday. LOVE IT.
Beautiful but a Poor Design
I love this necklace, but I find myself having to rearrange my charms constantly throughout the day. The crescent will be on the side of my neck behind my neck, but my charm will always stay towards the bottom.
A possible solution for this poor design would be to create spacer charms that grip into place. For instance maybe it’s a design similar to the Pandora clip on charms. The weight of these anchors would keep the crescent at the bottom.
Love necklace but poor design for charms
Positive : Love the crescent
Negative : Charms will not stay on crescent .Number of charms makes no difference.Took necklace and charms to Tomball store and was told no to spacers as possible solution.
Only recommendation was-Buy another necklace or bracelet !
What !? I don't think so !
Very poor and disappointed with James Avery for sure.
- Hi Vickie, we're sorry to hear you're not completely satisfied with this necklace! We'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. - James Avery Team
pretty but charms won't stay in place
I love the looks of this necklace but charms don't stay on the bar area and will move to the chain, maybe needs a redesign to prevent that.
- Hi Erinn, thank you so much for your feedback, we will be sure to pass it along! - James Avery Team
I was recently given this as a gift in sept.
Very excited to receive
This necklace is horrible
The chain turned black and the charm as well
The charm slides onto the chain.
Took it to james avery in texas
She told me.Theres nothing she can do.Hers does the same thing
Then proceeded to try and sale me a slider.
I'm so disappointed.I have cleaned it with a cloth and it still looks horrible.I would love to return it for something
different.Its a gift.Dont ask me to get the receipt
It was purchased in sept
- Hi Jeanne, we're sorry to hear you're not completely satisfied with this necklace! Please feel free to reach out to our customer service at 800-283-1770 and we will be sure to pass along your feedback! - James Avery Team
Hammered Charm holder
The necklace is beautiful. The charms do not stay centered. Will spacers help?What size spacers would I need?
- Hi Emily, if you reach out to our customer service at 800-283-1770 or your local James Avery store they can see is our spacers are compatible with this necklace! - James Avery Team
Got this item in a 16” and I absolutely love it. It’s a gorgeous piece to display a charm as a focal point. I have not had any issues of it moving too much. But love that I can also wear it alone. It’s a wonderful addition to my other pieces.
If they would figure out a way so that the charms did not slide this would be an amazing necklace. When I wear it with a charm, it slides off the bar and the necklace is totally skewed. Not attractive. First and only thing I’ve purchased from James Avery that I did not love!!
- Hi Erica, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We'll be sure to pass it along to our team! - James Avery Team
Okay after I bent it
I got the bar necklace during the free charm event. It is too straight to stay in place. I pitched the ends to make it curve more. I also added spacers from another jewelry company so all my charms are viewable. Please add spacers. I dont own any * stuff but someone said they spacers. I think this would be awesome to have to be used on all necklaces. I know many people like myself wear more than 1 charm on a chain. These get lost and not viewable. Spacers would make them all viewable. Thanks!
- Hi Tricia, thank you for taking the time to review this product! We advise against bending the jewelry to avoid damage to the piece, but we will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team! - James Avery Team
sideways sliding charm
This necklace does best with NO charm. If you have one charm or more, the charm(s) NEVER stay on the bar. They slide to one side and your necklace is crooked at all times. I love it without charms, but I have charms that I want to hang, not have permanently attached to bracelet.
- We're sorry to hear you're not completely satisfied with this necklace! We'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. - James Avery Team
I tried to love it
I wanted to love this. It's beautiful and looks great with my charms, when they stay on the bar. Unfortunately, the charms spend more time off the bar than on. I have larger/heavier charms on this necklace but it still moves. I also don't like that the charms fall behind one another. I've been asking for a spacer for months. I've finally just given up on this necklace. I tried to love it...
- Hi Jennifer, we're sorry to hear you're not totally in love with this necklace! We'll be sure to pass along your feedback, thank you for taking the time to review this item! - James Avery Team
Received as a gift from my hubby. He also gave me the Heart of My Heart pendant which hangs beautifully. Those that complain should try a heavier charm. Mine is also the 16” necklace. Plan to add the Blessed and Family charms.
I bought this earlier with a Dachshund charm for my daughter for a Christmas present. I didn’t think that the charm would move around so much. It does look a little silly, cock-eyed with the charm lodged between the chain and the slide. Is there a solution? I considered other charms for balance, but I’m not sure that it would help.
- Hi Susan, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We will be sure to pass it along! - James Avery Team
I recently purchased this necklace. I wear it on its own as well as with one or two charms and have had no problem with it. It is actually quite sturdy. I love the bar as it's quite shiny, textured and sturdy at the same time. Will quickly become a favorite, I have no doubt.
I love this necklace on its own - is there a chance you would make it in gold??
- Hi Nancy! We're so happy to hear you love this design! We will pass along that there is interest in a gold version! - James Avery Team
Bad charm necklace
Terrible for charms. The charms do not stay on the bar and it looks bad. Don’t buy for charms
- Hi Veronica, we're sorry to hear you're not satisfied with your necklace! Please feel free to reach out to our customer service at 800-283-1770. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! - James Avery Team
Not JA quality!!!
Love the idea of this necklace but it’s a VERY POOR QUALITY AND…it does NOT stay centered on your neck! Mine and ALL others I’ve seen being worn get cock-eyed / wonky leaving your charms to hang on the chain! MOST DISAPPOINTED in the poor quality though!
- We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with your charm holder. We will be sure to pass this feedback along to our team. Please feel free to reach out to our customer service team at 800-283-1770. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! - James Avery Team
This necklace was given as a freebie with charm purchase during May. Mine turned black within two weeks. I took it in to be cleaned twice and the same thing happened again within a week. I can’t believe James Avery considers this representative of their jewelry
- Hi Peggy, we're sorry to hear that and understand your frustration. Sterling silver can oxidize when exposed to certain chemicals in the air, as well as lotions, soaps, and other substances. We suggest storing it so it is protected from these elements when it's not being worn to help prevent it from happening. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! - James Avery Team
Modern and clean
I got this to wear without charms and it is great! So comfortable, doesn’t move around or catch in your hair. The 14” is a choker but the 16” is a great very short necklace. Looks good layered with other stuff, but wouldn’t recommend with charms. Thinking about getting the 18” and layering two together!
Won’t stay centered
Charms & crescent slide to the left and right - they don’t stay centered
- Hi Lydia, We will pass along your feedback to our design team. Thank you for taking the time to review this item! - James Avery Team
This piece is versatile. It can be worn with or without pendants and looks lovely both ways. The only thing that bugs me is that the trinkets don't stay in place, but that is common with most necklaces anyway. Would not recommend for many trinkets at a time.
Love this necklace.I wanted something I can wear with charms or alone.Its beautiful!I get so many compliments on it.I mostly wear with 2 charms.
My new favorite piece!
This necklace is gorgeous! I love that there is a 14" option. This necklace is stunning on its own- the hammered texture is so shiny, and it looks great with a dainty charm.
This necklace is beautiful but the charms don’t stay on the crescent. The crescent would be on the side of my neck and the charms just hanging on the chain. I’m giving it 2 stars because it is so pretty. I would suggest wearing it without charms. I returned it because what I wanted was a charm holder necklace.
- Hi Sarah, we're sorry to hear you weren't happy with your necklace! We will pass along your comments to our design team, thank you for reaching out to us! - James Avery Team